Tourism Minister Alexandria Otway-Noel will on Wednesday deliver the feature address at a workshop aimed at engaging participants in discussions in which practical suggestions and solution will be shared in areas which directly impact on productivity.
Under the theme: “Streamlining for Success in 2013”, the workshop at the Grenada National Stadium is an initiative of Consultancy in Law, Governance and Rights — an organisation comprised of a network of experienced consultants and leaders, which provides innovative and high quality consultancy services and training for public, business and civil society sector organisations, with a view to raising their capacities, creativities, implementation and outputs and building a local and regional network hub.
It is being held in collaboration with the Business Support Centre (BSC), a one-stop business development and support facility, which will provide existing and future business owners with an integrated range of business development and support services.
Topics on the programme include:
- Understanding and applying innovative communication skills for effective leadership and enhanced organisational communications
- Setting clear goals for personal and organisational success in 2013
- Preparing leaders to pilot their organisations past challenging seasons
- Communicating for success using both the traditional and new media
- Identifying current and local socio-economic conditions that hinder organisational success with a view to addressing them
Speakers will include: Dr Lawrence Joseph, Nigel John, Aine Braithwaite, Carole Noble and Barry Collymore.
“2013 promises to be an interesting year for Grenadian organisations, therefore the focus of the Workshop is to encourage solutions oriented dialogue on addressing and navigating the socio-economic conditions that will define the level of success they will enjoy,” said Principal of CILG&R Mrs A. Anande Trotman-Joseph .
By Linda Straker