The Homegrown Programme Monitoring Committee (HPMC) held its inaugural meeting today, at the Ministry of Finance Conference Room.
The members of the Committee are:
- Mr. Timothy Antoine (Government of Grenada) – Chairman
- Mr. Alvin Clouden (Conference of Churches in Grenada)
- Mrs. Aine Brathwaite ( Grenada Private Sector Organisation)
- Ms. Sandra Ferguson (Civil Society)
- Mr. Andre Lewis (Trades Union Council)
- Mr. Ronald James (Eastern Caribbean Central Bank)
The Committee was established by the Committee of Social Partners (CSP), which is chaired by Prime Minister, Dr. the Rt. Hon. Keith Mitchell, and includes representatives from the Conferences of Churches in Grenada; the Grenada Private Sector Organisations; the Civil Society and the Trades Union Council. The HPMC is mandated to monitor the Homegrown Structural Reform (Adjustment) Programme to ensure its effective implementation and would be in place for the duration of the Programme (2014–2017).
The Committee decided that it will:
- Meet on the first (1st) Thursday of every month to discuss the updated Report from the Ministry of Finance. (Report to be circulated one week in advance).
- Issue a Communique within one (1) week of each meeting.
- Consider the impact of the measures as they are implemented.
- Monitor the following issues:
- Debt (including Primary Balance)
- Arrears to domestic suppliers
On the foregoing issues, the Committee discussed the frequency of reporting with the Ministry of Finance and is expected to receive reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, depending on the availability of data.
The next meeting of the HPMC is scheduled for Thursday, 7 August 2014.