Grenada, through the National Ozone Unit (NOU) of the Ministry of Finance and Energy, will join the rest of the United Nations, on Tuesday, 16 September to celebrate the 27th International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer.
The 2014 celebrations will be conducted under the global theme: “Ozone Layer Protection: The Mission Goes On”.
Grenada is among several parties to the Montreal Protocol on ‘Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer’, and will be involved in various activities to recognise and celebrate the day.
Among the activities planned by the NOU are:
1. Publication of a commemorative message by the NOU. This will be done in the local media;
2. The launch of the third round of training for new Refrigeration and Air-conditioning technicians (RAC) in RAC fundamentals;
3. Distribution of tool kits to students at TAMCC pursuing the Refrigeration and Air-conditioning course on Tuesday, 16 September;
4. Distribution of public awareness materials on Ozone Layer Protection;
5. Radio and television interviews highlighting the successes of the Montreal Protocol;
6.‘Ozone Cool Spot’ – a display in selected businesses in St George and Grenville promoting ozone friendly, energy efficient products and services.
Persons in need of additional information can contact Leslie Smith of the NOU on telephone number: 435 8708 or via e-mail: email@example.com.