The Royal Grenada Police Force is reminding vehicle owners that the second period for the inspection of motor vehicles with single registration letters numbered from 2501 to 5000 and plural registration letters numbered from 251 to 500 will end on Tuesday, 31 March 2015.
Persons are encouraged to act early in having their vehicles inspected so as to allow ample time for any changes that may have to be complied with, under the provisions of the Motor Vehicles and Road Traffic Act.
Inspection is done at the following inspection centres.
- Police Garage, Dusty Highway, St George – Monday to Friday
- Pearls Air Strip, St. Andrew – Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays only
- St David Police Station, St David – Thursdays and Fridays only
- Gouyave Police Station, St John – Mondays and Tuesdays only
- Victoria Police Station, St Mark – Wednesdays only
- Sauteurs Fire Station at La Fortune, St Patrick – Thursdays and Fridays only
- Carriacou Police Station – last Thursday and Friday of every month and at the end of every period
Vehicle owners are reminded that, in order to have an examination in full vehicles must be presented with the interior and exterior thoroughly cleaned; all necessary lights – headlamps, indicators, reverse lights et cetera must be in proper working condition. Lights must be uncolored. There should be no spot lights, sirens and musical horns fitted to the vehicles. The vehicle should have proper braking system et cetera. Tires including the spare tire should show no signs of defect. Sunshades should not exceed eight inches to the front from the top of the windscreen. Sunshades to the back (buses only) must not exceed ten inches. The inspecting officer must be able to see through the interior of the vehicle from all sides even if tinted. The tare and gross weight of trucks and vehicle trailers must be written in white on black background on the right side of the vehicle.
Meanwhile, persons are also reminded that the third period for registration of motor vehicles with single letters numbered from 5001 to 7500 and plural registration letters numbered from 501 to 750 will commence on Wednesday, 1 April 2015 and end on 15 May 2015.
Source: Office of the Commissioner of Police