The New Zealand Development Scholarships (NZDS) Scheme is offering scholarships for study in New Zealand commencing February, 2016. The awards are offered for full-time, Postgraduate study for Masters and PhD Degrees.
The area of study would be related to Sustainable Economic Development in the following priority sectors:
- Disaster Risk Management
- Renewable Energy
- Be a citizen of Grenada;
- Be applying to commence a new qualification and not be seeking funding for one already commenced in New Zealand or another country;
- Satisfy the admission requirements of the New Zealand education institution at which the qualification is to be undertaken;
- Be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to the public or private or community sector (as relevant), and to their home country’s development in general; and be able to take up the scholarship in the academic year for which it is offered;
- Be 40 years or under before the scholarship start date;
- Not have completed, or nearly completed, a qualification at a similar level (i.e. applicants must apply for a higher level qualification than any previously attained), unless strong developmental relevance is demonstrated; and have been working in their home country, preferably for at least two (2) years prior to application, including since completing their highest tertiary qualification gained to date.
- Auckland University of Technology
- Lincoln University
- Manukau Institute of Technology
- University of Canterbury
- University of Otago
- University of Auckland
- University of Waikato
- Massey University
- Victoria University of Wellington
Value of Awards:
- Full Tuition Fee
- Living Expenses
- Return Airfares
Interested persons are asked to contact the Scholarship Desk, Ministry of Education & Human Resource Development, Botanical Gardens, Tanteen, St George’s, at telephone number 440-2737, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications and supporting documents must be completed in triplicate. One original and two photocopies must be submitted to the Scholarship Desk, Ministry of Education & Human Resource Development.
Please note that the deadline for submitting applications to the Scholarship Desk, Ministry of Education & Human Resource Development is no later than Tuesday, 30 June 2015.