Redirection of Traffic for the construction of Sendall Tunnel Retaining Wall
The Traffic Department of the Royal Grenada Police Force wishes to inform the general public and in particular motorists, that the construction of the Sendall Tunnel retaining wall will commence on Monday, 17 August 2015.
This project is scheduled to be for a period of nine (9) months. As a result, vehicular traffic will not be allowed to travel through the said tunnel. In order to accommodate the flow of vehicular traffic during the pending construction process, the following traffic arrangement will be implemented:
- Young Street will be made to accommodate traffic from the Carenage, toward the direction of the junction of Church Street, Canash Hill and Grand Etang Road towards the Cathedral.
- Vehicles will be allowed to travel on Church Street from the direction of the Junction of Church Street, Canash Hill and Grand Etang Road towards the Cathedral.
- Vehicles travelling along Grand Etang road will be allowed to make a left turn onto Halifax Street, turn left onto Cross Street or turn right onto Gore Street. Vehicular traffic will also be allowed to travel directly onto Church Street.
- Vehicles travelling along Halifax Street toward the Junction of Church Street, Grand Etang Road and Canash Hill will be allowed to make a left turn onto Church Street or a right turn onto Grand Etang road. Upon reaching the junction of Church Street, Market Hill and Lucas Street vehicular traffic will be allowed to make a right turn, if heading toward the direction of Grand Anse, H A Blaize Street, Green Street or the Carenage. Vehicular traffic will then be allowed to travel on the right side of the road upon completion of the right turn.
- The portion of the Carenage between Young Street and Matthew Street will be made to accommodate two (2) way flow of traffic.
In order to execute the aforementioned traffic arrangements, the following will be implemented:
- One (1) way streets:
- Young Street (the flow of traffic should be opposite the current direction)
- Scott Street (the flow of traffic will remain as it is presently)
- Church Street (the flow of traffic should be opposite to the current direction)
- No Entry:
- Young Street with its junction with Halifax Street and Grand Etang road.
- No vehicular traffic will be allowed to travel along Young Street towards the Carenage.
- No Right turn:
- No vehicular traffic will be allowed to make a right turn onto Church Street from St John’s Street.
- No Left Turn:
- No vehicular traffic will be allowed to make a left turn onto Church Street from Lucas Street.
Source: Office of the Commissioner of Police