Gynecologist Services Rearranged

The Ministry of Health is putting systems in place to effectively manage rescheduling and follow-up appointments occasioned by the unforeseen recall of Cuban Gynecologist, Dr Moises Lopez, late last week.

The Ministry’s Chief Medical Officer, Dr. George Mitchell, told the GIS that arrangements are being made for antenatal patients who were being seen by Dr Lopez for admission. They will be seen by the On-Call Consultant at the General Hospital.

“Additionally we’ve arranged for another Cuban Gyneacologist, Dr Martinez, to begin holding clinics on Tuesday mornings at the General Hospital Out-patient Clinic office,” the CMO revealed.

Mitchell also said that patients who were previously seen by Dr Lopez will be diverted to other consultants until a replacement is sent.

Lopez was based at the General Hospital but conducted outreach clinics at Princess Royal Hospital in Carriacou and Princess Alice Hospital in Mirabeau, St Andrew, for more than a year.
His immediate supervisor, Medical Director Dr. Kester Dragon says that the services of Dr. Lopez will be greatly missed since his clinics were well attended.

Meanwhile Permanent Secretary Javan Williams has confirmed that discussions were held with the Cuban Ambassador in Grenada, regarding the replacement of Lopez and that the process is likely to take about two weeks.

“The fact that we had that discussion at the diplomatic level we are optimistic that we will another highly skilled specialist from Cuba to alleviate possible shortfalls that we may experience,” Williams told the GIS.

The MOH has since apologized for all and any inconveniences this is likely to cause, but assures the public that all efforts will be made to manage the situation.

Article Footer 468x60

Facebook Comments

Related Posts