Athletes from across the nation will get their first taste of competition in the 2015–2016 athletics season this weekend.
The National Cross Country Team Championships will begin on Saturday, 1 October at the Telescope Playing Field in St Andrew, starting at 2 pm.
4 races will be held — 3 preliminaries and 1 final. Teams will register on the day of each race.
- Athletes from primary and secondary schools, tertiary education institutes, and clubs.
- Races will be contested in two divisions: Male and Female Division.
- Age categories: Under-14, Under-16, and 16 & over
- Organized by the Ministry of Youth, Sports, and Religious Affairs
Distances & Age categories?
- 4K for the under-14 category
- 5K for the under-16 category
- 7K for the 16-&-over category
To provide a avenue for distance athletes to compete in the cross country event; to develop distance running; to promote the Championship and cross country running throughout the tri-island.
Points will be awarded to each team. The team with the least aggregate score wins the Championship in their respective division.
Start and Finish Lines: (Beginning at 2 pm)
- 1 October – Telescope (SAASS) Playing Field, St Andrew
- 10 October – La Sagesse Playing, St David
- 17 October – Cuthbert Peters Park, St John
- 30 October – Golf Course, St George (the course itself)
- Boys Division: GBSS
- Girls Division: SDCSS
Contact for interviews and information
Senior Athletics Coach at the Ministry of Sports Mr Albert Joseph at 418-8618 and Mr Conrad Francis, Coordinator of Sports at the Ministry of Sports at 440-6917.