Motor vehicle inspection for 2016 will officially commence on Monday, 4 January.
Motor vehicle owners are reminded that the inspection deadline for vehicles with single registration letters numbered from 1 to 2500, and plural registration letters numbered from 1 to 250, is 15 February 2016.
Inspection centres are as follows:
- Police Garage, Dusty Highway, St George — Monday to Friday
- Pearls Air Strip, St Andrew — Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays
- St David Police Station, St David — Thursdays & Fridays
- Gouyave Police Station, St John — Mondays & Tuesdays
- Victoria Police Station, St Mark — Wednesdays
- Sauteurs Police Station, St Patrick — Thursdays and Fridays
- Carriacou Police Station — last Thursday & Friday of every month and at the
end of every period.
To facilitate an examination in full, vehicles must be presented with the interior and exterior thoroughly cleaned and have all necessary lights — headlamps, indicators, and reverse lights, in proper working condition. Lights must not be coloured, and there should be no spotlights, sirens nor musical horns fitted to the vehicles.
Vehicles must also have a proper braking system, and tires — including a spare tire, which should show no signs of defect. Sunshades should not exceed 8 inches to the front from the top of the windscreen. On buses, sunshades to the back must not exceed 10 inches.
The inspecting officer must be able to see through the interior of the vehicle from all sides, even if the windows are tinted. The tare and gross weight of trucks and vehicle trailers must be written in white on black background, on the right side of the vehicle.
Motor vehicle owners are advised to act early in having their vehicles inspected, so as to allow ample time for any changes that may have to be complied with, under the provisions of the Motor Vehicles and Road Traffic Act.
Source: Office of Commissioner of Police