The Inter-Secondary School Clothing & Textile Designer Competition event was an evening that portrayed young, upcoming enthusiastic secondary school designers in the categories of recyclable and high fashion wears at the Grenada Boys’ Secondary School (GBSS) auditorium on Saturday, 12 March.
5 Secondary schools participated:
- Boca Secondary School
- McDonald College Secondary School
- St Joseph’s Convent, St George
- St Mark’s Secondary School
- Westerhall Secondary School
These schools have worked tirelessly over the last 3 months to complete the 2 pieces of wear requested for the competition, and they were all successful. Thanks to the Clothing & Textile Teachers of each participating schools for making this event possible — Shivon Dottin, Chenille Joseph, Fiona Clyne, Arnel Waldron and Aren Lewis).
It was a tough decision for the panel of judges of Kirk Seetahal, Miranda Hamid, Siemone Lorainey and Jamal Alexis.
The Results are as follows:
- Best Recyclable Wear: Westerhall Secondary School
- Best High Fashion Wear: Boca Secondary School
- Best Creative Designer: Westerhall Secondary School
- Winner: Westerhall Secondary School
- 1st Runner Up: Boca Secondary School
- 2nd Runner Up: St Joseph’s Convent, St George’s
International Modeling Agency