EASTERN CARIBBEAN CENTRAL BANK
Senior Administrative Assistant
Suitably qualified citizens of member territories of the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union (ECCU) are invited to apply to fill the post of Senior Administrative Assistant, Eastern Caribbean Central Bank, headquartered in Basseterre, St Kitts. All applicants must complete the ECCB Employment application form which is available on the ECCB’s Website (www.eccb-centralbank.org) or at the ECCB’s Offices in the respective territories.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
- Administrative certification from an accredited institution;
- A minimum of five (5) CXC General Proficiency level passes (Gen I and II), or the equivalent, including English Language and Mathematics;
- A sound working knowledge of all applications in Microsoft Office Suite.
THE FOLLOWING WOULD BE CONSIDERED ASSETS:
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in the administrative field;
- A flexible and proactive approach to work;
- The ability to cope well with ambiguity and adapt to a fast paced dynamic environment;
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills;
- A high level of motivation and the ability to work as part of a team and function independently;
- Leadership qualities and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong administrative and organisational skills;
The Senior Administrative Assistant will be directly responsible to the Head of their Department for the proper performance of his/her duties, which will include:
- Providing administrative support to the Head of Department:
- Processing all incoming and outgoing correspondence expeditiously and efficiently;
- Preparing accurate correspondence;
- Initiating verbal and written correspondence with internal and external clients as required;
- Making proper arrangements for and managing all meetings, travel and events;
- Ensuring the professional and efficient handling of telephone calls and related messages;
- Organising and maintaining the office files and records for easy retrieval;
- Managing adequate stock of stationery and supplies;
- Coordinating and managing the Department’s leave schedule and budget process;
- Performing complex and confidential assignments;
- Ensuring the seamless operation of all office functions.
- Coordinating activities between the Head of Department and the technical staff within the Department;
- Any other related duties which may be assigned.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The following documents must be submitted:
- Employment application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Two (2) original letters of reference
- Certified copies of certificates
- Official transcripts
The application form and supporting documents must be sent to:
Senior Administrative Assistant Employment Application
Human Resource Department
Eastern Caribbean Central Bank
P O Box 89
To reach no later than 16 September 2016
- Applicants may enquire of the Human Resource Department to ascertain receipt of applications;
- Only candidates shortlisted for the selection process will be contacted;
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake various assessments.