16 schools have qualified for the second round of the Grenlec Debates! Final matches in the preliminary round were held on Friday, 30 September, at the National Stadium, where the qualifying schools were announced.
Prudence Greenidge, Corporate Communications Manager said, “We are very pleased with the enthusiasm of the students participating in the competition. This year, we have included a People’s Choice Debater prize that invites viewers to vote for their favourite debater on our Facebook page from the start of the second round of the competition.” Voting will close on Monday, 7 November.
The second round of the Grenlec Debates, the Round of 16, will be held 12 and 13 October. Debaters will zealously argue their motions on the theme ‘Humans and their Environment’.
Schools qualifying for the Round of 16 are:
- Beacon High
- Bishop’s College
- Grenada Boys’ Secondary
- Grenada Christian Academy
- Grenville Secondary
- Hillsborough Secondary
- J W Fletcher Catholic Secondary
- Presentation Brothers’ College
- St Andrew’s Anglican Secondary
- St David’s Catholic Secondary
- St Mark’s Secondary
- St John’s Christian Secondary
- St Joseph’s Convent, St George’s
- St Joseph’s Convent, Grenville
- St Rose Modern Secondary
- Anglican High School