EASTERN CARIBBEAN CENTRAL BANK
Suitably qualified citizens of member territories of the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union (ECCU) are invited to apply to fill the post of Analyst I, Eastern Caribbean Central Bank, headquartered in Basseterre, St Kitts. The successful candidate will be assigned to the Eastern Caribbean Securities Regulatory Commission (ECSRC) Secretariat and will be hired initially on a two (2) year contractual engagement with the opportunity to renew or transfer to the permanent establishment based on performance. All applicants must complete the ECCB Employment application form which is available on the ECCB’s Website or at the ECCB’s Offices in the respective territories.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
- A first degree in Accounting, Banking, Finance, Business Management, Business Administration or professional qualification in Accounting or Finance.
Possession of any or all of the following would be considered as assets:
- At least two (2) years relevant working experience;
- A post graduate degree in any of the above fields.
APPLICANTS SHOULD ALSO HAVE:
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- A high level of initiative, interest and motivation;
- The ability to be flexible, multi task and meet multiple deadlines;
- Excellent research, problem solving and analytical skills;
- The ability to learn quickly on-the-job and adapt to a high paced and dynamic environment;
- The ability to work on own initiative and effectively function as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of computerized business applications such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
The successful candidate will be directly responsible to the Secretary, Eastern Caribbean Securities Regulatory Commission, for the proper performance of his/her duties, which will include:
- Assessing applications for the issue and renewal of all licences, including broker dealer and collective investment schemes.
- Assisting with the research of issues and the formulation of policies related to the development, supervision and regulation of the securities market.
- Reviewing disclosure reports and statutory filings of reporting issuers, licensees and collective investment schemes to ensure that the minimum requirements of the legislation and rules are met.
- Conducting off-site surveillance and reviewing risk-focused information from licensees to determine compliance with the legislation and rules and to inform the onsite examination programme.
- Preparing risk assessments of securities licensed firms, monitoring licensee compliance, maintaining supervisory logs and conducting on-site examinations.
- Any other related duties which may be assigned.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The Employment Application Form must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Two (2) recent original letters of reference
- Certified copies of all certificates
- Official transcripts
The application form and supporting documents must be sent to:
Analyst I Employment Application
Human Resource Department
Eastern Caribbean Central Bank
P O Box 89, Bird Rock
To reach no later than 2 December 2016
- Only candidates shortlisted for the selection process will be contacted;
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake various assessments.