EASTERN CARIBBEAN CENTRAL BANK
Banking Officer I, Banking and Monetary Operations Department
Suitably qualified citizens of member territories of the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union (ECCU) are invited to apply to fill the post of Banking Officer I, Banking and Monetary Operations Department (BMOD), at the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank, headquartered in Basseterre, St Kitts. The successful candidate will be hired initially on a two (2) year contractual engagement with the opportunity to renew or transfer to the permanent establishment based on performance.
All applicants must complete the ECCB Employment application form which is available on the ECCB’s Website (www.eccb-centralbank.org) or at the ECCB’s Agency Office in the respective territories.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
- A first degree in a discipline such as Accounting or Finance (at least an upper second class honours or equivalent: BSc/BA)
Possession of any or all of the following would be considered as assets:
- At least three (3) years relevant working experience in the related area of study.
- A post graduate degree in any of the above fields and/or Certified Professional Accounting qualification such as Association of Chartered Certified Accounts (ACCA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent.
- Knowledge of monetary policy operations.
APPLICANTS SHOULD ALSO HAVE:
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills.
- Possess strong analytical skills and research techniques.
- Be proficient in computerized business applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Have excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Be able to effectively function in a high paced and dynamic environment.
- Have a high level of interest, motivation, initiative and maturity.
- Be able to work on own initiative and effectively function as part of a team.
- Have sound knowledge of banking and government operations.
The successful candidate will be directly responsible to the Director, Banking and Monetary Operations Department, for the proper performance of his/her duties, which will include:
- Monitoring, assessing and evaluating developments within the ECCU;
- Monitoring, assessing, and evaluating the operations of financial institutions.
- Preparing analytical market reports;
- Undertaking such research activities and preparing special reports as may be assigned or which are of relevance to the work of the Department.
- Any other related duties that may be assigned.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The following documents must be submitted:
- Curriculum vitae
- Two (2) recent original letters of reference
- Certified copies of all certificates
- Official transcripts
The application form and supporting documents must be sent to:
Banking Officer I Employment Application
Human Resource Department
Eastern Caribbean Central Bank
P O Box 89
BASSETERRE, St Kitts
To reach no later than 21 April 2017
- Only candidates shortlisted for the selection process will be contacted;
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake various assessments.