NaDMA’s annual Disaster Awareness Primary School Quiz has begun and already the competition is heating up.
A pre-determined zoning format requires that each school select 3 pupils of Grade 5 as their representatives for the duration of the competition. Participants are quizzed on their knowledge of climate change, earthquakes, volcanoes, floods, hurricanes and other hazards, relating to Grenada and the region.
This year’s preliminary round has already begun and pupils representing 18 Primary schools will come together in a keenly competitive semi-final round hoping to challenge last year’s winner Paraclete Government School, for the much-coveted challenge trophy at the finals. The semi-final round of the competition will take place simultaneously at all venues on Thursday 25 May beginning at 1pm.
This year’s semi-finalists are:
St George’s – venue: Grenada Red Cross Building
Zone I: South St George Government
- Zone II: Beacon Junior School
- Zone III: St George’s Methodist School
- Zone IV: Morne Jaloux RC School
- Zone V: Beaulieu RC School
St Andrew – venue: Paraclete Government School
- Zone I: Paraclete Government School
- Zone II: St Andrew Methodist
- Zone III: St Giles Anglican School
St Patrick RC
- Zone I: St Patrick RC School
- Zone II: Mt Rose Primary
St David – venue: St Theresa RC School
- Zone I: Corinth Government School
- Zone II: St Theresa RC School
Western Division – venue: Gouyave Public Library
- Zone I: St John’s Anglican School
- Zone II: Grand Roy Government School
- Zone I: Harvey Vale Government School
- Zone II: Petite Martinique
NaDMA appreciates our many committed sponsors from Grenada, Carriacou and Petite Martinique, who continue to provide support over the years towards this very valuable capacity building exercise.
The agency as part of its Education Outreach believes that the National Disaster Awareness Primary School Quiz serves as a valuable preparation tool for students. Rayana Douglas, the top performer of 2016 CPEA Examinations, was a member of the winning team of the 2015 National Disaster Awareness Primary School Quiz.
Winners of the Semi-final round will meet in a head-to-head clash on 8 June for the 2017 finals.
For additional information, please contact the National Disaster Management Agency (NaDMA) on 440-8390-4 & 440-0838, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.