NaDMA: Convective Activity and Precipitation Early Next Week

The National Disaster Management Agency (NaDMA) continues to monitor the weather with the technical assistance of the Meteorological Office at the Maurice Bishop International Airport (MBIA).

A tropical wave located about 1400 miles east-southeast of the southern Windward Islands is producing scattered showers and thunderstorms. This disturbance has changed little in organisation since yesterday. However, some development is expected during the next 2 to 3 days before conditions become less favourable for tropical cyclone formation. This system is forecast to move toward the west or west-northwest at 15 to 20 mph over the tropical Atlantic toward the Windward Islands and northeastern South America during the next several days.

This system has a medium (40%) chance of becoming a tropical cyclone within the next 48 hours and a medium (60%) chance within the next 5 days. Regardless of the system’s phase (tropical wave or cyclone), it is expected to bring convective activity and precipitation early next week.

NaDMA takes this opportunity to remind us all that we should be prepared at all times for all emergencies. The agency in collaboration with the Meteorological Services will continue to monitor this Tropical Wave and update the public as necessary.

For additional information, please contact the National Disaster Management Agency (NaDMA) on 440-8390-4 and 440-0838, or email address The official source for all disaster-related information in Grenada.


Article Footer 468x60

Facebook Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related Posts