The Customs and Excise Division announces that the Customs Appeals Commission has been established and is in full effect.
The commission was formally created in the 1st quarter of 2017 in keeping with Section 205 of the Customs Act. It acts as an independent review body on reviewable decisions taken by the Comptroller of Customs and Excise Division to the dissatisfaction of a person or an entity conducting business with the division.
The members of the Customs Appeals Commission are as follows;
- Anande Trotman-Joseph Chairman
- Junior Mahon Government Representative
- Rev Dr Osbourne James Conference of Churches
- Patrick Bubb Former Comptroller of Customs
- Emmanuel Duncan Private Sector
- Alisha Thomas Secretary
Please be advised all matters should be sent to Alisha Thomas, Secretary to the Customs Appeals Commission, Financial Complex, the Carenage, St George’s or firstname.lastname@example.org or at 440-6843.