The following is the Health Manifesto of the Grenada Empowerment Movement, ‘Empowering our people through accessible and affordable healthcare.’
The Grenada Empowerment Movement strives to:
- Restore the core values of the health care system.
- Improve access to primary healthcare.
- Reallocate pertinent resources to primary healthcare, as well as improve the primary healthcare infrastructure.
- Invest in staff through adequate training and recruitment, as well as invest in pertinent medical equipment and accessories.
- Review then upgrade existing health legislation and establish avenues for reporting discrepancies.
- Increase access to mental health services.
- Promote health awareness.
- Provide subsidised healthcare for the elderly, low income households and single parents.
- Establish sound networks with regional and international health sectors.