The Ministry of Education, Human Resource Development and Religious Affairs is pleased to announce that the Grenada Houston Association (GHA) is offering scholarships to assist secondary school and tertiary level students, who are studying in areas related to science, agriculture and other interdisciplinary studies, for the 2018/2019 academic year.
- Applicants must be either secondary or tertiary education level students
- Applicants from secondary schools must have acceptable averages and persons from tertiary institutions must have GPA of 3.0
- Applicants must show evidence of being economically disadvantaged
- Tertiary applicants must have a career direction related to the agriculture industry, a health-related field or other interdisciplinary area.
Value of Award
- US$500.00 to be awarded to each successful applicant, for the academic year 2018/2019.
A completed application must have the following in duplicate:
- A 250-300 word, hand written essay, on the applicant’s career goals
- Completed application form (to be obtained from Scholarship Desk or at: http://www.grenadahoustonassociation.org/GHA_Grenada_Scholarship_Application_2.pdf
- Two letters of reference from a current and former teacher
- Copy of transcript/certificates
Completed applications must reach the Human Resource Development Division/Scholarship Desk NO LATER THAN Wednesday, 10 October 2018.
For further information and guidance, please contact the Human Resource Development Division (Scholarship Desk), Ministry of Education, Human Resource Development and Religious Affairs at email address firstname.lastname@example.org and telephone numbers (473) 440-2737/8.
Ministry of Education