Following its previous Mission in June 2013, a team from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) is back in Grenada at the invitation of the Government of Grenada.
While in Grenada, the team is focusing on:
- The current economic situation in Grenada;
- The Fiscal performance for 2013;
- The proposed Debt Restructuring;
- Government’s plans and priorities for the New Economy, including growth and job creation; and
- Projections and reforms for the medium term 2014–2016.
As previously indicated by the Prime Minister and Minister for Finance, Dr. the Rt. Hon. Keith Mitchell, Government is discussing a formal arrangement with the Fund.
The Prime Minister has emphasised that such a programme must have growth and job creation as its central focus.
This Mission runs from 2–13 September 2013 and is led by Ms. Aliona Cebotari.
During the last three days, the team has been holding technical discussions with the staff of the Ministry of Finance. From today, discussions on policy matters will commence.
The team will meet with the Prime Minister and Minister for Finance, and other Ministers of the Cabinet, during the upcoming week.
Ministry of Finance & Energy
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.