The Ministry of Finance and Energy will, on Tuesday 23 September, begin its round of consultations leading up to the presentation of the 2015 Estimates of Revenue and Expenditure or National Budget, currently scheduled for 28 November, 2014.
Tuesday’s consultation will bring together representatives from the Grenada Trades Union Council who will be given an update on the economy, and the opportunity to provide feedback, ask questions and make suggestions on how Government should proceed with the 2015 Budget.
This same format will be used, when the ministry meets with other stakeholders as follows:
- Wednesday 24 September – Manufacturers, Private Sector (GCIC, Employers’ Federation)
- Thursday 25 September – Grenada Hotel and Tourism Association
- Friday 26 September – Civil Society Organisations
- Tuesday 30 September – Farmers and Fisherfolk/Agricultural Sector
These consultations are intended to receive feedback on Government policies and projects as well as proposals for consideration. A consultation is being planned for Carriacou and Petite Martinique with the date to be announced shortly.
The priorities of the 2015 Budget are:
- Fiscal and Debt sustainability;
- Investing in the productive sectors; and
- Human development (including Health, Education, Housing and Safety Nets.)
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.