A number of scholarships were granted to Grenada by the Republic of Cuba for the Academic year 2015–2016 in the following specialties in Cuban Universities:
Technical Sciences (Engineering):
Geology, Mining, Metallurgy, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automatic, Telecommunication and Electronics, Informatics, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Architecture, Biomedical Engineering, Physics Engineering
Natural Sciences and Mathematics:
Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Geography, Biochemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Food Science and Technology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences: Agronomy, Forestry Science, Agricultural Mechanization, Veterinary Medicine.
Economy, Accounting, Tourism, Social and Human Sciences: Social Communication, Media Studies (Journalism), Library and Scientific, Sociology Information, Sociocultural Studies, Psychology.
• Applicants must be 25 years and under
• Must be from low-income families
• Certified copies of Academic Certificates
• Police Record (only for shortlisted applicants)
• Medical Certificate (only for shortlisted applicants)
• Ten (10) 1 x 1 inch size photos
• Application forms to be obtained from the Scholarship Desk
• Copy of Birth Certificate and or front page of Passport
Value of Awards:
• Full tuition
• Airfare to and from the Republic of Cuba on completion of studies to be covered by the scholarship recipient
• Yearly stipend from the Government of Grenada
For further information please contact the Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development, Scholarship Desk, at telephone number 440-2737/8, or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply for this scholarship is 15 May 2015.