The People’s Republic of China in collaboration with the Government of Grenada is offering full scholarships to Grenadian nationals to pursue Master’s of Science Program in Meteorology in Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology, China, for the academic year 2015/2017.
HOW TO APPLY: All applicants MUST meet the following requirements:
- Be a Citizen of Grenada
- Be staff members from meteorological administrations, higher educational institutes, scientific or academic institutions, or non-government organizations in developing countries.
- Be the holder of a Bachelor degree in Meteorology or relevant majors.
- Be under the age of 45
- Have experience in the relevant field
- Possess good English proficiency
- Applicants who are not native English speakers or whose undergraduate education was not in English are required to take an appropriate English Language Proficiency Test and in general achieve a sufficient score, such as:
- New TOEFL 85 or better
- IELTS 6.0 or better
Have other documents which can prove the English proficiency of the applicant
Candidates MUST BE healthy and must not have any disease or situation as listed hereunder:
- Diseases prohibited by Chinese Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Laws and Regulations;
- Other severe chronic diseases like high blood pressure, cardio-cerebrovascular disease, diabetes; psychological diseases; or other infectious diseases;
- In recovery period after major surgery or acute disease attacks;
- With severe physical disability;
Applicants are NOT allowed to bring spouse or any relative and friend during the period of study in China;
Only applicants recommended by the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China will be considered and admitted.
Value of Award:
- Travel Ticket
- Full Tuition
- Living allowance
- Field Trips
- Health Insurance
Step 1 – Filling the Application form
- Fill Application Form of Master of Meteorology Program, 2015 in Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology;
- Then print the completed form our and sign your name and the date on it.
Step 2 – Sending Soft-copies of All Application Materials to Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology.
- Applicants are required to send the soft copies of all application materials (listed on Item 3) by email to [email protected].
Step 3 – Online Application
- After being surely accepted, applicants are required to visit online application system of Chinese Scholarship Council at http://laihua.csc.edu.cn/.
- Select the program named “Chinese Government Scholarship” and complete online application.
The Agency Name is: Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology.
Agency number is: 10300.
Note: Only if you finish this online application, can you finally receive the formal admission notification from Peking University.
Application Materials Required:
- Completed Application Form
- Diploma or degree certificate
- Official academic transcript
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae (In English)
- Recommendation letters (Professional or Government Official in Chinese or English)
- Copies of English Proficiency
- Photocopy of Valid Passport
- Recent Passport size photos
Applicants are required to complete and submit their application online through the website http://laihua.csc.edu.cn. Then submit three (3) copies of the printed version and supporting documents to the Scholarship Desk, Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development no later than Friday, 15 May 2015.
For more information, please contact the Scholarship Desk at the Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development at telephone number 473-440-2737/8, or by emailing them at [email protected]
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.