The New Zealand Development Scholarships (NZDS) Scheme is offering scholarships for study in New Zealand commencing February, 2016. The awards are offered for full-time, Postgraduate study for Masters and PhD Degrees.
The area of study would be related to Sustainable Economic Development in the following priority sectors:
- Disaster Risk Management
- Renewable Energy
- Be a citizen of Grenada;
- Be applying to commence a new qualification and not be seeking funding for one already commenced in New Zealand or another country;
- Satisfy the admission requirements of the New Zealand education institution at which the qualification is to be undertaken;
- Be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to the public or private or community sector (as relevant), and to their home country’s development in general; and be able to take up the scholarship in the academic year for which it is offered;
- Be 40 years or under before the scholarship start date;
- Not have completed, or nearly completed, a qualification at a similar level (i.e. applicants must apply for a higher level qualification than any previously attained), unless strong developmental relevance is demonstrated; and have been working in their home country, preferably for at least two (2) years prior to application, including since completing their highest tertiary qualification gained to date.
- Auckland University of Technology
- Lincoln University
- Manukau Institute of Technology
- University of Canterbury
- University of Otago
- University of Auckland
- University of Waikato
- Massey University
- Victoria University of Wellington
Value of Awards:
- Full Tuition Fee
- Living Expenses
- Return Airfares
Interested persons are asked to contact the Scholarship Desk, Ministry of Education & Human Resource Development, Botanical Gardens, Tanteen, St George’s, at telephone number 440-2737, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications and supporting documents must be completed in triplicate. One original and two photocopies must be submitted to the Scholarship Desk, Ministry of Education & Human Resource Development.
Please note that the deadline for submitting applications to the Scholarship Desk, Ministry of Education & Human Resource Development is no later than Tuesday, 30 June 2015.
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.