Mod1, Grenada’s leading Managed IT & Information Security Services Provider, has launched its “Donate IT” program in partnership with Kaizen; which calls upon the local business community to bring their old computers and IT equipment to Mod1 for repair at no cost, for further donation to schools, charities and other underserved areas of the community.
The project aims to empower Grenada’s communities with broader access to computers by making use of old, but functional equipment, that would otherwise go to waste. “Donate IT” bridges the gap between the need for IT access and the availability of unused equipment.
Additionally, “Donate IT” will pilot an ongoing internship program in partnership with local educational institutions that will allow IT graduates to gain real-world experience in the field.
Once a month and in conjunction with donors, Mod1 will organize and publicize the donation of the repaired computers and equipment to the organizations chosen by the donors.
Repair Service Details
The free repair service includes:
- Securely wiping all hard drives
- Securely wiping all device configurations
- Using available spare parts to repair broken computers or build refurbished ones
- Re-installing Windows
- Installing Open Office productivity software
- Installing Anti-Virus
- Reconfiguration of devices
The “Donate IT” program will accept the following as donations:
- Desktop & Laptop Computers
- Keyboards & Mice
- Wired & Wireless Routers, Network Switches, Wireless Access Points
- Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS)
- Server & Equipment Racks
- Tablets & Smart Phones
- Power, Ethernet, USB, & Other Cables
- Components including: Hard Drives, Video Cards, Memory, Power Supplies, etc.
Organizations who wish to receive donated computers and equipment will have to meet basic criteria such as providing Internet access and an appropriate operational environment among other things.
Organizations who wish to donate, please contact Mod1 for more information at: Tel: 800-4000 / E-mail: [email protected]
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.