The Forestry and National Parks Department with power vested by The Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, hereby notifies the general public and particularly hunters, on the declaration of an open season for hunting wildlife game species 1 October to 31 December 2015. In this regard an extension of the Closed Season from 1 January to 30 September 2016 will be effective until further notice.
- MANICOU (Opossum) Didelphis marsupialis insularis
- TATOU (Nine-Banded Armadillo) Dasypus novemcinctus
- MONKEY (Cercopithecus mona)
- IGUANA (Iguana iguana)
- RAMIER (Bird) Red-Necked Pigeon Columba squamosa
Open Season: 1 October to 31 December 2015.
- Hunting in the closed season is an offence according to law.
- Hunting in the Grand Etang Forest Reserve is prohibited at all times.
- Hunting offences on conviction are chargeable with one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) or a term of imprisonment for (6) six months.
The Department thanks all concerned for your cooperation in this regard and anticipates your continued support for the conservation of our wildlife game species.
Be guided by best practices.
Chief Forestry Officer Ag.
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.