The month of October is designated as “Child Month” and the Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development, in collaboration with the Child Month Committee, has organized several activities which mark the celebration of this month, during 1–31 October 2015.
The broader theme of child month continues to be “Love the Child”, but this year the focus continues to be on listening to children’s voices. Consequently, the theme for the Child Month 2015 is “My Voice, My Rights, Our Responsibilities”.
Some of the activities highlighting this month are as follows:
- Opening address by the Governor General
- Child Sabbath/Sunday: 17 & 18 October
- Child Month March:
- 20 October 2015: Districts 4 & 5
- 21 October 2015: Districts 1 & 3
- 22 October 2015: Districts 2 & 6
The Child Month Committee has also produced T-Shirts for sale. The colour of the T-Shirts is burnt orange, and the shirts display a child month related message. T-Shirts are on sale for $20 and are available in sizes small to extra-large, at the following locations:
- Grenada Tees: Main Street, Sauteurs; Ben Jones Street, Grenville
- Full Screen Graphics: Woolwich Road, St George
- Impress Grafix: Madeys, St Patrick
Schools, churches and community groups are also encouraged to find other creative ways to highlight and celebrate Child Month, 2015.
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.