The public is hereby advised of the following security procedures to be observed by persons interested in visiting the People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) Peace Ark hospital ship.
- All visitors WILL be subjected to security screenings
- All visitors MUST carry a Photo Identification Card (Photo ID)
- NO dangerous instruments including (Knives of any and all kinds, finger nail files, screwdrivers, ice-picks, sharps, etc.)
- NO Firearms
- NO Breakable (glass) bottles
- NO Bottled water
- NO Backpacks
- NO Big bags
- NO Alcohol drinks
- NO boxes
- NO Explosives of any kind
- Persons carrying bags or backpacks of any kind will be asked to leave their belongings with security personnel
- Any person or persons deem to be disruptive or engaging in disorderly conduct will be asked to leave
- Visitors MUST adhere to the international safety and security protocols of the Cruise Port
From Monday, 7 December to Wednesday, 9 December, there will be teams of Chinese medical personnel visiting the following facilities:
- Gouyave Health Centre — St John
- Sauteurs Health Centre — St Patrick
- Grand Bras Health Centre — St Andrew
- Belle Vue Health Centre — St David
- The Youth Centre — Grand Anse
- Princess Royal Hospital — Carriacou
- Petite Martinique Health Centre on Wednesday, 9 December only
However, persons requiring further medical attention such as surgical procedures will be taken to the ship by medical personnel.
The visit to the respective health facilities commences at 9 am each day, and the public is kindly asked to be patient and polite.
The Ministry of Health will not be liable for any security enforcement decisions deemed necessary by security personnel.
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.