The month of June is recognized as Deaf Awareness Month. This year’s theme is “Bridging the Gap between the Deaf and Hearing through Education and Community Outreach.”
The Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development recognizes and endorses the activities of the School for the Deaf, as they prepare to celebrate the month, with a calendar of events.
These events are as follows:
- Interviews with the media/media sensitization, throughout the month of June
- Church Service on Sunday, 5 June
- Workshop for Stakeholders, on 18 June
- Community Outreach activities on Friday, 10 & 17 June
- Tea Party on Thursday, 23 June
- Deaf Awareness March, in St George’s on Friday, 29 June
- Bus Tour/Fun Day on Tuesday, 5 July
- Sign Language classes throughout the month on Mondays and Wednesdays
The School for the Deaf is located at Park Estate, Perdmontemps, St David and can be reached at telephone number 473-440-2242 and at the following email: email@example.com, for more information on the month of activities.
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.