The funeral arrangements to mourn the loss and celebrate the life and service of the late Bishop Vincent Darius OP, have been finalized in collaboration with his family:
- A mass celebrating his life was held on Monday, 2 May at St Matthew’s Church, Eastern Parkway, New York at 7 pm.
- The body of Bishop Darius will arrive at the Maurice Bishop International Airport on Wednesday, 18 May and will be taken to the funeral home.
- He will lie in state at the St Martin de Porres Church, Crochu, St Andrew on Monday, 23 May. This will conclude with a Prayer Vigil.
- Bishop Darius will lie in state at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, St George’s on Tuesday, 24 May.
- The Funeral Mass will begin at 11 am on Wednesday, 25 May at the Cathedral. In accordance with Bishop Darius’ expressed wish, there will be no tributes. Following the Requiem Mass, the entombment of the body will take place at the Crypt of the Cathedral, close to the tomb of Bishop Justin Field.