The Grenada Amateur Swimming Association (GASA) is delighted to announce its 14–member team to represent Grenada at the Caribbean Island Swim Championship (CISC) in Bahamas from 27 June to 2 July, 2016
This Team was selected at the GASA/CISC National Time Trials at the Good Hope last month — the swimmers were chosen because they made the time set by GASA for this Championship.
The team is comprised of:
- Olympian Esau Simpson
- Team Grenada RIO 2016’s only female team member, Carifta and CISC Gold medalist, 3 times Junior Sports Woman, 2013 National Sports Woman, 6 times top Female Swimmer, Oreoluwa Cherebin
- Carifta Gold medalist and CISC Record Holder Kerry Ollivierre
- Carifta Gold medalist and 2013 Top Male Swimmer Delron Felix of (PBC)
- FINA Scholarship Holder and member of team Grenada for RIO 2016, Carifta and CISC Silver medalist Corey Ollivierre
- Carifta medalist Jenebi Benoit (PBC)
- Angelique Minors (Westmorland Secondary)
- OECS Medalist Jaydo Hyson (PBC)
- Kimberley Ince (GJA)
- Meek Ollivierre (St Marys)
- Zachary Greshm
- Kaiya Ramdhany (Westmorland)
- Ifeoma Cherebin
- Sydnee Steele (SJC, St George’s)
The team has been hard at training with the Cuban Coach, Gerson Fernandez who is accompanying them at the Championship and they are managed by Pamela Cherebin. They are competing against 21 nations. The swimmers are all in high spirits after amassing many medals at the just concluded Carifta Championship in Martinique, and are hoping to improve on their times, qualify for several finals and to medal in their respective strokes.
This year’s team has very high potential to bring home some more medals. The Team returns on 3 July 2016. In the meantime any gifts or donations will be most welcome to offset all expenses that parents paid out of pockets for the team, with some fundraising to represent Grenada at this high-level meet.
GASA has given the team its blessing and prayers for great success, and ask the nation to keep them in prayer as they go out there to proudly, represent our nation flying our flag high. Thanks to those who have already made donation to the team.
Grenada’s National Swim Team — CISC Bahamas 2016:
- Jenibe Benoit
- Jaydon Hyson
- Zachary Gresham
- Kimberly Ince
- Meeka Ollivierre
- Ifeoma Cherebin
- Sydnee Steele
- Angelique Minors
- Delron Felix
- Kerry Ollivierre
18 and Over female
- Oreoluwa Cherebin
18 and Over male
- Corey Ollivierre
- Esau Simpson
- Coach — Mr Gerson Fernandez
- Manager/Chaperone — Pamela Cherebin
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.