More than 150 young people from Anglican Communion in the Caribbean will be gathering in Grenada for the Provincial Youth Gathering III which will run from 16 to 23 July 2016.
This youth gathering is the premier event of the Church in the Province of the West Indies which is the member-church of the Anglican Communion in the Caribbean.
Provincial Youth Gathering III is held under the theme: “Anglican Youth — Co-workers with Christ: Living the Faith.”
The Anglican Church will be hosting the Youth Gathering, which will bring together persons from Grenada and the rest of the CPWI Caribbean for a week of prayer and reflection on the 5 marks of Mission of the Anglican Communion.
The marks of mission are:
- To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom
- To teach, baptize and nurture new believers
- To respond to human need by loving service
- To transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and pursue peace and reconciliation
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation, and sustain and renew the life of the earth
Sessions will be held at various venues including St George’s University and the Spice Basket. Speakers will include:
- His Grace The Most Revd Dr The Hon John W D Holder, CBE, LLD — Archbishop of the West Indies, Primate and Metropolitan
- His Lordship The Rt Revd C. Leopold Friday, BA, MA — Bishop of the Windward Islands
- The Rt. Revd L. Errol Brooks, OBE, JP, BA, Th.M. — Bishop of the North Eastern Caribbean and Aruba
- The Revd Canon John Kafwanka, Director for Mission at the Anglican Communion Office
- Ms Heather Stewart, Child Protection Specialist, UNICEF Office for the Eastern Caribbean
Members of the public are invited to the following events:
- Opening Eucharist: Sunday, 17 July, 3:30 pm at St Patrick’s Parish Church
- Keynote Lecture: Monday, 18 July, 9 am at Spice Basket in Beaulieu
- Buffet Dinner under the Distinguished Patronage of Her Excellency, the Governor General, 20 July, 7:30 pm at Spice Basket in Beaulieu. Contribution $100.00
- Closing Eucharist: Friday, 22 July, 6 pm at Bourne Lecture Hall, St George’s University — True Blue Campus
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.