NATIONAL DISASTER MANAGEMENT AGENCY (NaDMA)
NADMA RELEASES THE LATEST TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
St. George’s, Grenada – 27 September 2016
Further to developments of Tropical Wave of interest Invest 97L, a meeting of the National Emergency Advisory Council (NEAC) of the National Disaster Management Agency (NaDMA) was held at 2:00 p.m. NEAC has advised the Prime Minister and the following decisions were made:
- The National Emergency Operations Centre (NEOC) will be partially activated later this evening.
The general public is advised to take some flood precautionary measures especially persons in low-lying areas. Should the system develop further, persons should be prepared to move to higher ground;
- Schools will be closed on Wednesday, 28 September 2016;
- The public is advised to remain indoors as much as possible until the system has subsided;
- That employees secure important documents and equipment on the worksite;
- That Marine interests pay attention to warnings given earlier;
- That NaDMA will continue to provide information to radio and television stations. Citizens are asked to stay tuned for regular update.
It is good time to ensure that families have a battery-operated radio, flashlight and extra batteries;
- NAWASA, in order to safeguard its treatment facilities, will be shutting off some of its systems by 10 pm. Persons are advised to fill water in clean covered containers, and shut off water tanks;
- Citizens are also encouraged to continue to keep drains cleared;
- Farmers with irrigation pumps are asked to secure them.
The Reconnaissance Aircraft is currently investigating the system and an update will be given at 6 pm. NaDMA reminds persons to keep calm. The decisions you make now will help to protect lives and property.
NaDMA is the official source of all disaster related information and will continue to monitor this situation as long as is necessary. Please continue to monitor the radio and television stations for additional updates.
For addition information, please contact the National Disaster Management Agency (NaDMA) on 440-8390-4 & 440-0838, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.