The Swiss Confederation is offering the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships to Grenadian students for the 2017–2018 academic year; (for research PhD and post-doctoral studies).
Further information (including the application process) is available at www.sbfi.admin.ch/scholarship_eng
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships are aimed at young researchers from abroad who have completed a master’s degree or PhD, and foreign artists holding a bachelor’s degree.
TYPES OF SCHOLARSHIP
- The research scholarship is available to post-graduate researchers in any discipline (who hold a master’s degree as a minimum) who are planning to go to Switzerland to pursue research or further studies at doctoral or post-doctoral level.
- Research scholarships are awarded for research or study at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences and the two federal institutes of technology.
- Only candidates nominated by an academic mentor at one of these higher education institutions will be considered.
- Art scholarships are open to art students wishing to pursue an initial master’s degree in Switzerland. Art scholarships are awarded for study at any Swiss conservatory or university of the arts.
- Only those who have already been awarded a place to study may apply. This scholarship is available to students from a limited number of countries only.
The Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS), assesses scholarship applications according to 3 criteria:
- Candidate profile
- Quality of the research project or artistic work
- Synergies and potential for future research cooperation
The FCS will select scholarship holders for the 2017–18 academic year by the end of May 2017.
Recipients are selected by the awarding body, the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS).
Applications are subject to preliminary selection by the relevant national authorities and/or the Swiss diplomatic representation. The short-listed applications are then assessed by the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS), which takes the final decision.
The FCS is composed of professors from all Swiss public universities. Scholarship awards are decided on the basis of academic and scientific excellence.
The FCS will announce its decisions regarding the new scholarship awards by the end of May 2017 at the latest.
Ministry of Education & Human Resource Development & the Environment
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.