The Government of Grenada with support through the Eastern Caribbean Energy Regulatory Authority (ECERA) Project, which is being implemented by the OECS Commission, will conduct a 3–day customised training on utility regulation at the Coyaba Beach Resort, from 29 November to 1 December 2016.
The training will be conducted by the Public Utility Research Centre (PURC) at the University of Florida. The PURC has been conducting specialised training in utility regulation for more than 40 years and is renowned internationally for successfully delivering such training. The faculty members assigned to conduct this training are Dr Theodore (Ted) Kury and Dr Rajnish Barua.
The 3–day exercise will include discussion on:
- Understanding the Fundamentals of Regulatory Systems;
- Governance Models and Relationships in Regulatory Systems;
- Assessing the Regulatory System;
- Essentials of Utility Finance;
- Integrating Renewable Energy;
- Regulating Service Quality; and
- Establishing and Assessing the Regulatory Process, among other related topics.
Participants for this training will include public officers from various Government ministries and departments, the legal fraternity, statutory bodies, Grenlec, the Grenada Organisation for Consumer Affairs, and the private sector.
Ministry of Finance & Energy
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.