EASTERN CARIBBEAN SECURITIES EXCHANGE LIMITED
Job Title: Accounting Officer
Reports to: Manager – Administration Division
Job Summary: The primary responsibility of the Accounting Officer is to assist with the financial, accounting and budgetary functions of the ECSE and its subsidiaries, the ECCSD and ECCSR.
The basic responsibilities of this position are to:
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards;
- Reconcile bank statements;
- Maintain accounting schedules and Fixed Asset Register;
- Assist with the preparation of monthly payroll;
- Prepare, update and analyse key control accounts;
- Maintain petty cash;
- Prepare payment requisitions and instructions;
- Assist in the preparation of financial budgets;
- Carry out other duties, as directed by the General Manager.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or ACCA/CPA/CA, with a good academic record;
- A minimum of 3 years accounting experience, preferably within a financial institution;
- A sound knowledge of international accounting principles and standards;
- Experience in accounting software, particularly Sage50;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Detail-oriented, efficient, energetic, willing to assist in other areas and flexible to work beyond normal working business hours, if necessary;
- Strong analytical, organisational and prioritization skills;
- Self-motivated, with ability to work on own initiative while being a good team player;
- Exhibition of a high level of maturity;
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested persons should submit a completed “ECSE Application for Employment” form, available on the ECSE’s website (www.ecseonline.com), together with their curriculum vitae, two (2) original references, certified copies of certificates and official university transcript(s), to:
The General Manager
Eastern Caribbean Securities Exchange
P O Box 94
to reach no later than 25 November 2016
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.