EASTERN CARIBBEAN CENTRAL BANK
Examiner I, Bank Supervision Department
Suitably qualified citizens of member territories of the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union (ECCU) are invited to apply to fill the post of Examiner I, Bank Supervision Department (BSD) at the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank, headquartered in Basseterre, St Kitts. The successful candidate will be hired initially on a two (2) year contractual engagement with the opportunity to renew or transfer to the permanent establishment based on performance.
All applicants must complete the ECCB Employment application form which is available on the ECCB’s Website (www.eccb-centralbank.org) or at the ECCB’s Agency Office in the respective territories.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
- A first degree in Accounting, Banking, Finance, Business Management or professional qualification in Accounting, Banking, or Business Administration
- Possession of any or all of the following would be considered as assets:
- At least two (2) years relevant working experience;
- A post graduate degree in any of the above fields.
APPLICANTS SHOULD ALSO HAVE:
- A high level of interest, motivation, initiative and maturity
- Strong analytical skills and research techniques
- Good written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Working knowledge of computerized business applications such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
The successful candidate will be directly responsible to the Director, Bank Supervision Department, for the proper performance of his/her duties, which will include:
- Monitoring, assessing and evaluating the operations of financial institutions and/or of assigned non-bank financial sector(s).
- Preparing analytical reports on the performance of individual financial institutions and/or of assigned non-bank financial sector(s).
- Preparing reports on the financial system in an assigned ECCB member state.
- Participating in the conduct of examinations of financial institutions.
- Liaising with and providing technical assistance to regulators of non-bank financial institutions in ECCB member states.
- Undertaking such research activities and preparing special reports as may be assigned or which are of relevance to the work of the Department.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The Employment Application Form must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Two (2) recent original letters of reference
- Certified copies of all certificates
- Official transcripts
The application form and supporting documents must be sent to:
Examiner I Employment Application
Human Resource Department
Eastern Caribbean Central Bank
P O Box 89
BASSETERRE, St Kitts
To reach no later than 28 February 2017
- Only candidates shortlisted for the selection process will be contacted;
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake various assessments.