The Forestry and National Parks Department of the Ministry of Agriculture, Lands, Forestry & Fisheries are currently seeking volunteers for its upcoming summer programme.
The programme themed “Sustainable Forestry: Preserving Ridges, Guarding Reefs,” will run from 10 to 21 July 2017. Transportation allowance and meals will be provided for each volunteer. Interested persons are asked to contact the Forestry Department on 440-2934 or send an email to [email protected] no later than 26 June 2017.
- 18 years or older
- Enrolled in Community College/University, or a recent graduate of one of those institutions
- Able to follow directions
- Good verbal communication skills
- Mature and responsible
- Able to attend the summer programme from 10 to 21 July 2017
- Ask questions when unsure
- Sign in and out daily
- Keep all information confidential
- Commit to volunteering for 2 weeks
- Help group and programme organisers achieve daily goals
- Keep students within arm’s length reach on field trips
- Help students create craft and complete assignments
- Help students follow instructions and abide by programme rules