The National Water and Sewerage Authority (NAWASA) wishes to advise the general public that it continues to collaborate with the National Disaster Management Agency NaDMA as the island remains under a tropical storm warning.
A Tropical Storm Warning means that tropical storm conditions are expected somewhere within the warning area, in this case within 24 hours.
A Tropical Storm Watch means that tropical storm conditions are possible within the watch area, generally within 48 hours.
Consumers are encouraged to:
• Collect and store water in clean, non-corrosive and mostly tightly covered containers both in and out of your refrigerator. To increase the shelf life of water, group bottles in dark plastic trash bags to keep light out.
• Store enough water for each member of your family and pet. Have at least a minimum of 3 days supply, of 35 gallons per person, per day for domestic use.
• Store water in bath tubs, drums, pails and buckets for flushing of toilet, washing and general cleaning.
• Store containers in a cool, dark location.
• Adhere to public advisories from NAWASA with regards to shutting off water tanks and individual property connections. Your water can be shut off at either the outlet valve or the water meter. Everyone in your home should know where these are located.
NAWASA will continue to provide updates to the general public as the information becomes available.
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.