The District 3 Supervision Team of the Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development, in collaboration with district principals, hosted its annual Retirement Award and Appreciation Ceremony, on 26 October 2017.
Eleven former educators were awarded, with one posthumous award presented to Bernadette Christopher, former principal of the St Andrew’s Methodist School, who died 3 years ago.
Retirement awards went to
- Sandra Thomas, former Curriculum Development Officer for Language Arts
- Bernadette John, last serving as an Early Childhood Development Officer
- Cyril Joseph, past Curriculum Officer, Technical Studies
- Pamela Courtney, prior Curriculum Officer, Home Economics
- Angela Marrast, past principal St Joseph’s Convent Grenville
- Joylyn Lyle, past principal St Andrew’s Anglican Secondary School
- Sister Lucy Gabriel, past principal St Joseph Convent, St George’s.
Awards of Appreciation were presented to
- Father Edward Mark, Principal, St Andrew’s Anglican Primary School
- Senator Pamela Moses
- Yolande Bridgeman-Lewis, past principal Paraclete Government School.
The District 3 event was made possible through the kind sponsorship of The National Lottery Authority (NLA); The National Insurance Scheme (NIS); Courts Grenada-Unicomer (Grenada) Limited and the Hon Emmalin Pierre, Representative for St Andrew South East.
Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development