The People’s Republic of China, in collaboration with the Government of Grenada, is offering full scholarships to Grenadian nationals, to pursue undergraduate studies, master’s programmes and doctoral programmes, for the academic year 2018/2019.
The scholarships cover tuition, accommodation, learning materials, living allowance, health insurance, a one-off settlement allowance and one round-trip air ticket.
To be eligible for nomination candidates MUST be:
- Graduates from high school or college;
- Under the age of 25 for undergraduate degree programmes, under 35 when applying for master’s programmes and under 40 when applying for doctoral programmes;
- Willing to study in China for the duration of the course;
- Citizens of Grenada;
- Proven physically fit to fulfill the obligations of the course, by completing a medical evaluation after being nominated by the Government of Grenada.
The approved course of study will be taught in the Chinese language following a one-year Chinese language programme, for undergraduate studies only.
The application form must first be filled out and submitted online through the website, http://laihua.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or www.campuschina.org. Secondly, applicants need to submit three copies of the printed version and supporting documents to the Scholarship Desk, Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development, no later than Wednesday, 28 February 2018.
Three (3) copies of each of the documents listed below must be submitted:
- Completed Chinese Government Application form
- Certified copies of highest diploma
- Certified copies of academic transcript
- Study plan/research proposal with a minimum of 200 words for undergraduate applicants and a minimum of 800 words for postgraduate applicants
- Two letters of recommendation, from professors
- Medical report (to be done and submitted upon request from the Scholarship Desk)
- Applicants for music study are required to submit a CD of their work.
- Applicants for fine arts programmes are to submit a CD of their work which must include sketches, two colour paintings and two other pieces of work.
- Certified copies of birth paper/front page of passport
- Pre-admission letter from Chinese Government Scholarship university(ies).
Please note that the “AGENCY NO” is 3081.
For further information, please contact Scholarship Desk, Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development, at telephone number 473-440-2737/417-9762, or via email at [email protected].
Ministry of Education
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.