The general public is hereby notified that the following traffic arrangements will be in effect for the Independence Day Celebrations at the National Stadium on Wednesday, 7 February 2018.
All vehicular traffic entering the National Stadium will use the Queen’s Park Ring Road from its intersection with Cherry Hill or Mt Rush.
No vehicular traffic will be allowed to enter the National Stadium from the Green Bridge entrance.
Vehicular traffic via the Hump Back Bridge will be restricted, to allow for VIPs/dignitaries only and persons with special permit from the National Celebration Committee.
Vehicular traffic will not be allowed in the following areas:
- Old Fort public road from its junction with Lucas Street.
- Cemetery Hill from its junction with Church Street.
- The Ring Road from its junction with Mt Rush public road to the direction of the Hump Back Bridge.
Public parking will be available in the following areas:
- Concrete area car park at the Athletic Stadium.
- Behind the National Stadium within the vicinity of the cricket net, entering from the Ring Road through Gate 6.
- Parking to the front of the National Stadium adjacent to River Road will be restricted to allow for VIPs/dignitaries only and persons with special permit from the National Celebration Committee.
NO PARKING ZONE:
No parking will be allowed in the following areas on either side of the road:
- Melville Street from the Fish Market to Cherry Hill
- Queen’s Park road from its junction with the Green Bridge to the National Stadium.
- River Road from Purcell’s lumber yard to the roundabout close to La Qua Brothers Crematorium.
- Mt Rush public road from its junction with the Ring Road.
- National Stadium main entrance public way from Green Bridge.
- The main enhance to the national stadium.
- Persons will only be allowed to vend on the sea side of the main public road along the Western Main Road.
- No vending will be allowed along Queen’s Park road from Green Bridge to the main entrance of the National Stadium or any other area in the vicinity of the National Stadium.
Office of the Commissioner of Police
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.