The Royal Grenada Police Force (RGPF) urges persons not to be too relaxed when it comes to security this Easter holiday period.
Persons are reminded that it is important to take simple measures to look after themselves, their homes and properties.
Homeowners / occupiers are encouraged:
- To ensure they keep their doors and windows locked at all times.
- Lock up sheds, garages and outbuildings when not in use.
- To safely store keys out of sight within house and refrain from leaving spare keys outside.
- If possible have a neighbour or someone check on your home every so often.
- Keep all tools in a safe and securely locked place – leaving garden tools idle in the yard contributes to the occurrence of crime as thieves can utilise them to break into houses.
The RGPF also advises persons to ensure proper maintenance of or clear overgrowth in their yard so that it does not become a hideout for criminals.
A special plea is extended to parents/guardians and public in general to ensure the safety of children and the elderly.
The Royal Grenada Police Force wishes all a happy, safe and blessed Easter Season.
Please remember to contact the police if unfamiliar vehicles or suspicious individuals are seen loitering in your neighborhood.
Office of Commissioner of Police
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.