The Government of Trinidad and Tobago is offering scholarships to Grenadian nationals who wish to pursue Undergraduate, and Graduate studies at University of the West Indies (UWI) St. Augustine Campus, University of the Southern Caribbean, and University of Trinidad and Tobago for the academic year 2018.
Eligibility: Applicants MUST
- Be citizens of Grenada
- Not be residents of any country other than Grenada at the time of making application;
For Bachelor’s Degrees applicants MUST possess:
– At least 5 Ordinary Level subjects (CSEC/GCE) with Grades I, II or III, or A, B, or C);
– At least 2 Advanced Level subjects (CAPE/GCE) with Grades I, II, or A, B) or any equivalent qualification;
– Caribbean Studies and Communication Studies or General Studies;
5 Ordinary Level (CSEC/GCE) passes which must include:
– English Language and Mathematics with Grades I, II, III, or A, B, or C
– An Associate Degree or Advanced Diploma with a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.50.
– Persons who are already in possession of a First Degree will not be considered for a second Undergraduate degree.
– Applicants for undergraduate degrees must prepare and submit a written essay which explains in no more than 400 words:
- The impact they believe their studies will have on their institution/community/country; and
- Their 5-year plan upon returning to Grenada to put into practice the knowledge and experience acquired through the scholarship.
Value of Undergraduate Studies Awards:
- The scholarship awards cover full tuition for the stipulated duration of the approved programme of study
For Master’s Degrees:
- At least a Second Class Honours degree at the Undergraduate level; and
- At least 2 years’ experience in the desired field of study or a related field
Applicants for a Master’s degrees must prepare and submit an essay which must include:
- The impact your studies will have on your institution/community/country
- Information on how the course of study relates to the existing and future development needs of your institution, community or the country;
- A description of how exposure gained can be put to practice
Value of Graduate Studies Awards:
- The scholarship awards are valued at 50% tuition
NB: Airfare, accommodation and other expenses will have to be borne by candidates.
Applicants must submit 3 copies of each required document listed below:
- Trinidad and Tobago Scholarship application form
- Reference or recommendation letters
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Certified copies of all academic certificates
- Certified copies of Transcript from TAMCC
- Acceptance letter from university
- 3 passport size photographs
- Certified copies of front page of Passport
- Essay on the above subject
Additional information on the programmes and application forms are available at the Human Resource Development Division & Scholarship Desk, Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development, Botanical Gardens, St George’s. Telephone number 440-2737/8 or email to [email protected]
3 copies of fully completed applications must reach the Scholarship Desk no later than Wednesday, 30 May 2018.
Ministry of Education
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.