Bishop Emeritus Sydney Anicetus Charles, who died on Tuesday, 4 September 2018, at the age of 92, will be buried on Friday, 28 September 2018. The Mass of Christian Burial will take place at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, Church Street, St George’s.
The following is the itinerary of activities as we celebrate the life of Bishop Emeritus Sydney Charles.
Thursday, 27 September 2018:
- The body of Bishop Emeritus Sydney Charles will be taken to the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, St George at 9 am.
- At 10 am a special mass will be held for students of Catholic schools and Catholic students of non-Catholic schools. Bishop Emeritus Charles was an advocate for education in Grenada, founding the New Life Organisation (Newlo) in July 1984.
- The body will remain at the Cathedral for the regular midday mass and thereafter, for viewing by the general public.
- At 5:30 pm, a special Vigil Service will be held. This service will include praying of the Rosary, Evening Prayer (Office of the Dead) and tributes.
Friday, 28 September 2018:
- The body of Bishop Emeritus Sydney Charles will be returned to the Cathedral at 9 am.
- The Mass of Christian Burial will begin at 10 am. Bishop Clyde Martin Harvey, Bishop of the Diocese of St George’s-in-Grenada will preside over the ceremony. All persons attending the funeral are asked to be seated by 9:40 am.
- Bishop Emeritus Sydney Charles will be entombed in the Cathedral crypt, below his predecessor, Bishop Justin Field OP, and above his successor, Bishop Vincent Darius OP.
Fr Carl Haynes
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.