The Embassy of the United Mexican States to Saint Lucia announces the launch of the call for the Translation Support Programme 2018 (PROTRAD), by the Government of Mexico.
The objective of the programme is to incentivise cultural and artistic exchange between Mexico and the rest of the world, particularly through the promotion of literature.
For this purpose, the Government of Mexico will offer financial support to:
- Caribbean and foreign publishers interested in undertaking projects comprising full-length book translation and publication of works by Mexican authors into foreign languages.
- Caribbean and foreign publishers interested in undertaking full-length-book translation and publication of works in indigenous languages from Mexico into other languages or works in other languages into indigenous languages from Mexico.
Persons who are interested in applying for the said call must register on the online portal under one of the following categories:
- Category A: US$15,000 for translation and publication of books specialising in literature and humanities, to be completed within 12 months.
- Category B: US$15,000 to US$25,000 for the translation and publication of art books, to be completed within 12 months.
- Category C: US$30,000 to US$50,000 for the translation and publication of a series of at least 3 books specialising in the following fields: literature, humanities or art, to be completed within 24 months.
For more information, please consult the link: https://bit.ly/2DouEOP (https://fonca.cultura.gob.mx/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/bases_protrad_2018.pdf) or contact the Embassy via telephone number 1 (758) 451-4254/4257 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for the call is 22 February 2019.
Embassy of the United Mexican States to Saint Lucia
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.