REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
PROJECT TITLE: Development and Implementation of Gender Sensitivity Mainstreaming Tool and Training Workshop for Climate Finance Project
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Design and Development of Gender Mainstreaming Tool and Training
COUNTRY OF ASSIGNMENT: Grenada
PROJECT START: February 2019
DESIGN OF A GENDER MAINSTREAMING TOOL AND TRAINING
The scope of this service contract is determined by the Getting Grenada GCF-Ready (3G) program which is jointly implemented by the Department of Economic and Technical Cooperation (DETC) within the Grenadian Ministry of Finance, Planning, Economic Development & Physical Development, and the German International Development Corporation (GIZ). The 3G program is co-funded by the Green Climate Fund and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). Its objective is to enhance the capacity of Grenada’s National Designated Authority, the DETC, to effectively coordinate with line ministries, statutory bodies and development partners on accessing the Green Climate Fund and to prepare a country program, including first project ideas. The project also supports effective stakeholder engagement processes, including the private sector and civil society.
The purpose of this Request for Proposals is to hire a qualified consultant to equip relevant stakeholders with the tools necessary for mainstreaming gender equality and inclusivity into project writing. This includes the following activities:
- Development or adaptation of a Gender Mainstreaming Tool that can be used as a guide for ensuring that project ideas are gender inclusive and sensitive during the writing and/or conceptualizing of project or plans targeting (GCF) funding in Grenada.
- Two days introductory workshop on the application of the Tool in project writing.
GIZ now requests eligible persons to submit their proposals in providing these services. Interested persons must provide expressive information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services, namely the provision of an expert with the following skillsets:
Gender Equality and Development:
- The expert to have a degree in social sciences, gender and/or equality studies or a related field with substantial (10–15 years) working experience with at least 5 years in gender equality;
- The expert, ideally, to have previous experience in working on gender and development issues.
- The expert assigned for the task to be knowledgeable in Grenada’s national development strategic plans and policies;
- The expert to have substantial working experience with ministries and government structures in Grenada or the region.
Programme Drafting and Training:
- The expert, ideally, to have long term experience in proposal development, project and programme drafting;
- The expert to show a track record on training, development and execution of gender equality or related programmes.
Interested parties are invited to submit the following documents to complete their proposals:
- Technical offer
- Price offer
- Company/Consultant details including full (company) name, full address, phone and email
- Company/Consultant profile
- Previous experience with similar jobs. A summary description (including scope and location) of similar projects undertaken with contact details of reference principal.
Interested parties may obtain further detailed information including the Terms of Reference (TOR) describing the exact scope of works in greater depth by contacting [email protected]. Please make the subject line of your email communication on this matter: “Request for TORs – Development and Implementation of Gender Sensitivity Mainstreaming Tool and Training Workshop for Climate Finance Project.”
For consideration, all interested & qualified persons should submit the aforementioned documents electronically as a single PDF by 4:30 pm (16:30 hours) Eastern Caribbean time no later than 24 January 2018. The Proposal should be sent to the following email address: [email protected].
Please make the subject line of your email communication on this matter: “RFP – Development and Implementation of Gender Sensitivity Mainstreaming Tool and Training Workshop for Climate Finance Project”.
Please do not send other unrequested documents, and please do not use other submission channels like Hightail, Vimeo, Google Drive, Dropbox etc.
GIZ will inform all companies that handed in proposals about the end result of the evaluation process and whether they were successful in the tendering process.