EASTERN CARIBBEAN CENTRAL BANK
Banking and Monetary Operations Department
Suitably qualified citizens of member territories of the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union (ECCU) are invited to apply to fill the post of Deputy Director, Risk and Analytics Unit, Banking and Monetary Operations Department (BMOD), Eastern Caribbean Central Bank, headquartered in St Kitts. The successful candidate will be based in St Kitts and will be hired initially on a two (2) year contractual engagement with the opportunity to renew or transfer to the permanent establishment based on performance. All applicants must complete the ECCB Employment Application Form which is available on the ECCB’s Website.
The Banking and Monetary Operation Department is establishing a Risk and Analytics Unit to support the reserves management operations of the ECCB by:
- Leading the development of the reserves management investment policy and guidelines;
- Undertaking analytical studies including Strategic Asset Allocation (SAA);
- Measuring and monitoring portfolio risks and compliance with respect to investment guidelines’;
- Evaluating the performance of the portfolios and providing periodic reporting to management, the Reserves Management Committee, and the Board on these activities and;
- Leading the investment credit risk function.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE
- A postgraduate degree in Finance, Mathematics, Economics or other relevant discipline;
- Experience working in an asset management function, including in the areas of financial risk management and/or oversight, fixed income markets, Strategic Asset Allocation (SAA), portfolio management, market and credit risks, performance, and compliance;
- At least five (5) years relevant working experience in the relevant field;
- Strong quantitative/modelling skills and experience in providing intellectual leadership and;
- Experience in leading/managing a team of professionals.
THE FOLLOWING WOULD BE CONSIDERED ASSETS
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present complex and technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences;
- Strong analytical skills and research techniques;
- A sound working knowledge of all applications in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- The ability to effectively function in a high paced and dynamic environment;
- A high level of interest, motivation, initiative and maturity;
- The ability to work on own initiative and effectively function as part of a team and;
- Sound knowledge of banking and government operations.
The Deputy Director, Risk and Analytics Unit, will be directly responsible to the Director, Banking and Monetary Operations Department, have a reporting line to the Chief Director (Policy) and will support the Reserve Management activities by undertaking the following responsibilities: Policies and Guidelines; Asset Allocation; Risk Measurement and Analysis; Performance Measurement; Reporting; Compliance and External Relations.
Please visit ECCB’s Website for detailed information on duties.
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The following documents must be submitted:
- Curriculum vitae
- Two (2)original letters of reference
- Certified copies of certificates
- Official transcripts
- A recent original or certified copy of Criminal Record/Police Certificate of Character
The supporting documents must be sent to:
Deputy Director, BMOD Employment Application
Human Resource Department
Eastern Caribbean Central Bank
PO Box 89
Deadline for applications: No later than 3 May 2019.
- Only candidates shortlisted for the selection process will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake various assessments.