Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of General Manager of Grenfresh Limited, La Sagesse, Grenada.
To manage the manufacturing and processing operations and activities of the company and to ensure that these are operated efficiently and effectively in compliance with international food safety standards.
To provide technical advice and regular updates to Senior Management and the Board of Directors and to participate in the preparation of budgets and plans for the growth and development of the business.
- Managing the manufacturing and processing operations and activities, including the design, management and improvement of the systems that create the company’s goods or services:
- Managing the plants and their operation to maximise efficiency, monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programmes to ensure that standards are maintained, and that financial objectives and statutory requirements are met.
- Developing and maintaining all necessary controls, systems and processes to ensure the efficient and effective management of the manufacturing operations and compliance with international food safety standards;
- Reviewing and improving production systems, procedures, processes and management information, budgeting and forecasting to ensure that they are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Strengthening commercial and operational competence and ensuring best practices are followed in the company’s operations to improve decision-making, operational efficiency and profitability.
- Taking management responsibility for all operational functions, including planning, organising, directing and controlling the business and operational activities.
- Ensuring that all food preparation and packaging are compliant with the guidelines of Good Manufacturing Practices and Food Safety regulations.
- Overseeing and monitoring the performance of the plant operations with respect to product quality, safety, productivity, cost control, service to sales, employee training, health and safety and skills development.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum education required: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a business, Food Technology, or related fields, or equivalent qualification;
- Proven industry experience — at least three years hands-on experience in a production environment in food processing and manufacturing;
- Familiarity with logistics (capacity management), product flow management, capacity planning and scheduling;
- Experience in managing and supervising staff;
- Good understanding of production processes;
- An understanding of business and overall supply chain principles and issues;
- Knowledge of quality assurance and environmental compliance standards, Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP);
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organisational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Focus on results;
- Ability to make decisions against tight timescales;
- Ability to meet production targets;
- Ability to network positively with staff at all levels;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Possess a “hands-on/lead-by-example” leadership style with the energy to continually deliver results.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Negotiable and will depend on experience.
The Plant Manager will be based in Grenada.
- Applications, with curriculum vitae and at least 2 references, should be addressed to:
The Personnel Director
P O Box 115
Applications will close on 30 June 2019.
- Only suitable applicants or potential candidates will be invited for interviews.
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.