The Caribbean’s Luxury Included chain offers the opportunity for enthusiastic persons to join our team. Come share with us an exciting journey as a:
As part of the esteemed Five Star Global Gourmet® team, Cooks are required to food preparation and basic cooking under the supervision of a Chef de Partie (Section Chef), rotating through sections such as sauce, vegetables, fish and butchery roughly every six months. Cooks must be eager to learn and demonstrate a passion for food, in order to effectively deliver this vital element of the guest experience.
DUTIES & REQUIREMENTS:
- To work to the resort’s standards as taught within the assigned station
- To follow the instruction as directed by the supervisor on duty
- When required, work a station other than scheduled as directed by the Supervisor on duty
- Regular and punctual attendance in conformance with company policies
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Must be physically fit and able to work quickly
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma and/or a certificate from a recognised Vocational Training Institution
- Basic mathematical skills sufficient to understand recipes, measurements and portion sizes
- Minimum one (1) year experience working in a resort kitchen catering to no less than 100 rooms;
- Food Handlers Permit
If successful, a clean Police Record will be required. Interested persons should submit their applications by 2 October 2019 with curriculum vitae (CV) via email to:
The Recruitment and Compliance Specialist
NB: Please enter “Name of Position” in the subject field in the email for consideration. We thank all applicants for their interest but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.